The Age-old saying “first impression is the last impression” applies predominantly when it comes to dressing up for the first date.
There are two possible scenarios: You know the first you are going to meet and you do not know the person you are going to meet. If you have already talked to them and they know your interests, dislikes etc, then you can afford to make tiny, little mistakes in dressing up. However, if you have set a date with a complete stranger then you need to bring you’re a game to the table.
Many times guys make the mistake of dressing casually to a date and when they meet the girl, they consider the girl overdressed for the occasion. On the other hand, girls consider them underdressed. Therefore, no many how lazy you are about dressing well, you should keep all the laziness aside for meeting the girl you like.
Dressing well and looking groomed sends the message that you care enough for them to make efforts for looking good to meet them, because women like their men, the way they like their hair, clean and stylish
Irresistible First Date Outfit Ideas for Men: Dress to Impress!
So, without any further ado, let’s discuss three outfit ideas that will help you look irresistible on your first date.
- Flannel: There’s nothing better than a flannel to wear on not only the first date but also on the 100th one.
Layering always makes men look cool and stylish. And the best part is that you can wear a flannel in any season. In summers, you can pair it up with a half-sleeve, cotton t-shirt, in autumn and spring, it can be worn on the top of a full sleeve T-shirt and during pre-winters, over a warm, round-neck sweatshirt.
On the bottom, you should wear a pair of denim jeans that are either plain or very little distressed because you don’t want your jeans to overshadow the effects of flannel.
- Denim Jacket: Denim jackets can be worn in all the season except summer, of course. No matter, what body type you are, there’s a denim jacket in a store waiting for you.
I have never, so far, seen a guy who cannot rock a denim jacket. You just need to learn how to pull it off well with right layering. Mostly, in winter, it looks effortlessly amazing when teamed up with a hoodie and during autumn and spring, you should wear it on the top of a round neck t-shirt, which should either be plain or have negligible prints on it.
- T-shirt: Yes, a right t-shirt does the job. You should know what kind of t-shirt you look good in and when I say “kind” I mean both, the fitting and the collar style. Here’s a list of do’s and don’ts of wearing a t-shirt to a date.
- Don’t wear an oversized t-shirt; you are going on a date, not to the movies with your friends.
- Don’t wear a t-shirt with chinos or pants; you are not Justin Bieber and can’t pull off just about anything.
- Don’t wear a distressed top with a distressed jeans; you are not as popular with girls as Kartik Aryan.
- Do wear a full sleeve t-shirt with rolled up sleeves; show some skin but don’t over do it.
- Do wear a t-shirt with a pair of jeans; in no case should you wear a t-shirt with shorts or even jorts (denim shorts).
- Don’t tuck it in; just, c’mon, please, okay!
- Do tuck a t-shirt in if you are in your late 30’s or older.
These were some quick outfit ideas that should help most of the men in dressing appropriately for their first of any number of date.
However, you should show your smartness while dressing up. Here’s a quick list of things you should consider before choosing clothes for a date, to look the best.
Season, body type, design, mood and hairstyle. If you consider all these things while choosing an outfits, you’ll attract many more girls than the one you are going to meet;)
We hope you found this blog useful and will share it with all the guys you think need a help with dressing up well for impressing the girl they like.
If there’s something else you need help with, do let us know and we shall help you with that with another blog next week. Till then, stay stylish.
Dressing for the Occasion: Seasonal First Date Outfit Ideas for Men
You’ll find many people telling you to wear this or that on the very first date but most people fail to consider seasonness. Yes, because if I told you to wear a leather jacket and it’s summer, then of course you’ll avoid reading the article and be disappointed with the search results. Therefore, allow me to introduce you to different options when it comes to going on a date with somebody.